A Peer-Reviewed Yearly Journal
‘UTTARAN’ the Peer-Reviewed Academic Journal of Maharaja Manindra Chandra College is being published with dignity for the last several years. On the passage of its journey Uttaran has been enriched gradually with its well-researched critical articles from all disciplines of our college. This appreciation has no doubt, elevated this journal to a new height with a new social and academic status. In the earlier age, it was the private platform of teachers, researchers and students of this college for the first hand publication of their view and findings. But, as of now it has become a peer- Reviewed refereed journal and opened its door to authors and scholars throughout the country along with the teachers of our college for publication of their valued essays, articles or research papers. On the other hand, this development has certainly expanded the responsibility of the Editorial Board in keeping up the status and quality commensurate with its new international standards. The first issue of this academic journal was published in the year 2004.
Editor-in-Chief: Dr. Manturam Samanta , Principal
Managing Editor: Dr. Prasun Majhi
Associate Editor: Prof. Arup Sen
Assistant Editor: Prof. Soumen Kayal
Freely distributed among all the contributors and teachers of the college. Additional copy is available on payment of the printed price of the journal
Publication policy and Guidelines for Authors
1. Manuscript should be submitted with a separate ‘title page’ containing the title of the article, name(s) of author(s), address for communication and an e-mail address for quick correspondences. Only the title of the paper should appear on the first page of the text.
2. An abstract of about 200 words for research papers should be sent. It should be informative and completely self-explanatory, briefly present the topic, state the scope of the study, indicate significant data, and point out major findings, conclusions and overall relevance.
3. Research papers (max length 2500-4000 words) containing original research findings in a
Clear and concise manner
4. Authors should submit the soft copy (MS-Word compatible) in A-4 size.
5. It is strongly recommended that before submitting a manuscript, the author(s) should check the same thoroughly to avoid grammatical errors, inconsistencies and violations of the instructions to authors.
6. At least six to ten keywords representing the complete subject content of the paper should be mentioned at the end of the abstract.
7. Reference should be in APA style.
8. Author(s) must declare that the paper submitted has not been published before and is not simultaneously being considered for publication elsewhere. Author(s) must also submit a duly signed declaration regarding the originality of the manuscript. Format of Author’s Declaration is given below.
This is to certify that the reported work entitled, ……………………………………………………………………………… submitted for publication in UTTARAN is an original work and has not been submitted/published elsewhere. I/We further certify that proper citations to the previous reported work have been given and no data/tables/figures have been quoted verbatim from other publications without giving due acknowledgement and without the permission of the original author(s).
Please note that each contributor must signed the declaration individually.
Signature of the Contributor:
Contributor Full Name:
AFFLIATION (Institute, Univ.):
Maharaja Manindra Chandra College
20, Ramkanto Bose Street
Fax: - 033-25555565